Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Wasabi Ice Cream

I first noticed this place after I had gone to Krishna in Plaza House for what seems to be the best curry in Okinawa City.

It's a fun looking place, but I don't really eat a lot of ice cream as a rule. But one night I thought, "what the heck," and am I glad! I first had the blackened sesame ice cream, which tastes kinda like peanut butter, but with a delicious smokiness. Then I saw this:

Wasabi flavor. There's real wasabi in there, they blend the ice creams right before you. They also offer juices and smoothies and advertise that this is all additive free, low in sugar, calories and fat (hmm...)

Other flavors include:
  • green tea
  • turmeric
  • sea weed
  • purple sweet potato
  • okinawan sugar cane and soy flour
  • and a bunch of more traditional flavors
Oishi Desu!

Their website is:
http://gelobello.ti-da.net/

2 comments:

Karen Rommelfanger said...

That wasabi was freaky! Mr. Miyagi even had a tough time with that one.

Jenau said...

Pablo -

Just checking in from the wilds of the A.T. I'm about 350 miles into it now. Currently at a hikers hostel in Erwin, Tennessee. I'll have a boatload of stories to tell when I get down with this adventure and see you and Karen next at Xmas.

Stay safe and don't eat the yellow snow.

Love,

Dad